Our Zip-Top Briefcase is an understated, elegant piece. With a fully leather construction and an extended zipper for easy interior access, the Zip Top meets at the intersection of functionality and beauty.
A 5" handle and a removable, adjustable shoulder strap allow the bag to be carried both in hand or on shoulder. And an interior compartment holds a laptop and has slots for business cards, a cell phone, and pens. The two exterior pockets can be used for easy access to files, the daily paper, or your tablet.
I have been using the Lotuff Zip Top briefcase as my daily briefcase for about 2 months now, and I like it more and more with every day of use.
First of all, I find the design very practical, and yet (to reiterate what a previous poster said) subtly elegant. The two spatious pockets on the side make it easy to quickly reach for and put away items that I use on and off (such as my wallet, headphones, cell phone, newspaper etc). The main zip pocket is also easily opened to access my laptop or books. Most importantly, the two handles allow the briefcase to carry open, such that it almost doubles as a tote.
In terms of size, it is sufficient for a 13" MacBook Pro + a couple of books. If you have a bulkier laptop and need to carry more items, it might be a little small, but for day use its perfect. I used it even for a short overnight business trip, but I admit I packed very light.
Finally, the leather quality is amazing - definitely a step up from my old Coach bag.
*Fantastic feel and smell to the leather.
*Beautifully put together. Not a stray stitch.
*"Made in USA"
*Lack of interior lining - less to tear and break.
*Good price for the quality ($750 when I bought it). Mass produced in China name brands are $400 to $600.
*I think the leather will age very well
*I really wish it were 1 inch wider between the gussets (5 inches instead of 4). But is still big enough, but just barely.
*The pad on the shoulder strap should be a touch wider and better padded, but its still reasonably comfortable.
*Would love another organzer panel on the inside of one of the exterior pockets.
*Would like one of the exterior panels to be lined with a water-proof fabric for a wet umbrella. I just keep a zip-lock bag there as I did with my old briefcase.
Customer service was terrific and responsive.
Overall, I love the bad and look forward to many years of use.
Hello Scott and Dan,
Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate you letting us know some of our shortcomings. We have adjusted the size of our strap going forward to 1 inch. We will also adjust the length of the straps and add more punch holes to accommodate more sizes.
We are working on our customer service and production planning and hope that in time we will be able to better serve our inquiries in a timely manner. Thanks for the feedback
I was disappointed that the strap was so long. It needed to be adjusted to fit me, and I am of average height (5'10").
I was slightly disappointed that the bag has no branding. A discreet label and serial number somewhere inside the bag would be useful.
It would be great if the bag could be made available with optional silver (polished stainless steel) zip and fittings.
... has served me well, quite discretely elegant which was why I got it in the first place.
* The chocolate color is excellent. It's very rich in sunlight, and plenty conservative for use at the office.
* The leather has a thick, quality feel, and a nice weight.
* It has plenty of pockets and general storage space, and is of an excellent size to both carry and use.
* I was glad to find the bottom leather insert as a protector, as I intended to use this brief to carry my laptop, and was concerned about the weight; this seems to work perfectly.
* The price was excellent for the quality. I see you've raised it twice since I ordered, which it may deserve.
* The website and ordering process were informative and straightforward.
* The shoulder strap is too thin for me to consider stylish as a male; it's too purse-like. Accordingly, I carry the bag by its handles as a brief. I suppose this is a selling point for use as a unisex bag.
* When holding by one handle for whatever reason, the outside pocket opens completely on that side, making it a bit awkward to work with.
* Lotuff and Clegg was very uncommunicative after I placed my order. I tried 3 times to receive a status update, received no response from either email address, nobody answered the phone number displayed on the website, and its voicemail was full. I did receive a response when the bag shipped, and a note apologizing for the delay in the shipment. This somewhat helped ameliorate my concern.
* The brief arrived more than a full month after the "normally ships within" date range displayed on the website, which was listed as 4-6 weeks at the time.
To sum up, I'd say the customer service was lacking, and now that I have my bag, I'm very happy with the end result.